Saturday, July 10, 2010

Kaavya

For sometime now, I have been diligently writing my blog everyday. But, as all good things come to an end, their has been an ebb, in the flow of my continuity. For all those, who look forward to my musings I offer my apologies. I will endeavour to keep the flow going, and in no way bring this, to an end for a very long time.

I am in sunny California for three weeks, visiting my nephew
Sidharth, who has been blessed with the most adorable baby girl with a scintillating smile. She has the most beautiful name 'Kaavya'. It seems to me, as if, she represents the epic, that I am writing about, for the meaning of the name as I understand it, is a tome of a long poem. That is exactly what the Ram Charitra Manas of Tulsidas is. This revelation came to me today as I was putting my thoughts together. Life works in strange ways! To think, all this time, all I was doing was looking for inspiration, while inspiration was staring at my face all along!! Thank you Kaavya I will forever be grateful to you.

I am enjoying the balmy breeze, the swaying palms, the lush as well as the brush covered mountains in and around L A . Both of
Kaavya's parents Sid and Kanika, have been very gracious hosts. To be amongst them, my sister Rashmi and my Jejajee Avtar is like icing on the cake. Lazy afternoons with good food, good company in this summer month seems to be a divine calling .

The trip to
Laguna beach was extra special for me, as Arjun was also here for a couple of days. Cool beers, on the rooftop restaurant of Montage resort hotel, overlooking the Pacific ocean were very refreshing. The next trip was promptly planned for the following week, when my other favourite nephew Rajat would be here from India.

We have this tradition in our family, that whenever we go to an enchanting place, we resolve to meet at the same venue, with the rest of the members of our family. So Arjun, we have to come back with
Suni, Ruchi and Dad very very soon!!

How unfettered, unblemished, pure with gay abandon, having implicit trust, very calm, with not many needs, very easily pleased is this little being called
Kaavya? Maybe, I am here, because I have an opportunity to see this new creation of God, and understand how truly beautiful life is and how in Ram Rajya we can keep it that way. JAI HO!

No comments:

Post a Comment