Monday, September 27, 2010

The Power Of The Satya Narayan Katha

The word of the Lord Shri Ram, is what I set out to relay, yet again, to the world. I merrily went about this business, thinking, this task was a piece of cake. Little did I know, that, most of all, I would have to battle with my own mind. I literally succumbed to my own temptations. Summer, vacations, leisure time, procrastination, all did me in. As my determination waned, my daily habit of writing, went out the window and quickly, I fell behind. My conscience however, kept nagging me, but my will power eluded me.

Today, I plan to change all that. As, all good things come to an end, I want to proclaim that the cycle continues, and they can be begun again with greater fervour. So, I invoke the guidance of
Lord Ganesh, the remover of all obstacles, to assist me in my endeavour to renew Ram Rajya.

Last week, on
Purnima ( day of the full moon ) the family did the Satya Narayan Katha (story) with family and friends which brought great joy. It is said, that in Kalyug (the present age according to the Hindu calender) this katha can give salvation. Lord Vishnu told the sage Narad, about this, when he asked him, what should people do to eradicate their misery. This is what was revealed, when 84,000 rishis congregated in Naimisharanya, one of the holy places, in northern India.

So, from time to time, we, as a family decide to perform this
katha and share in the glory of the Lord. Ram Rajya is about sharing and celebrating the good fortune that we all have. This katha makes us aware, that with the little that we can do to remember the Lord, we in turn receive huge benefits.

Ram Rajya,
is my concept for the here and now. I firmly believe that those glory days, that came about after Shri Ram's coronation as the King of Ayodhya, are in our grasp. All we have to do, is the Satya Narayan Katha, and then we will have Ram Rajya! JAI HO!

No comments:

Post a Comment