Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Remembering Our Ancestors

This is the time of 'Pitra Paksha'(15 days devoted to our ancestors) in our Hindu calendar. Remembering our forefathers and paying homage to them, is very significant. Just as we have Thanksgiving every year, similarly I could relate these days as giving thanks to our parents and our grand parents who are the architects of our sojourn on this planet.

So today, I pay my respects and gratitude to my parents and my husband's parents who have passed on. They are always in my thoughts. As I have said before, I still maintain, that one should feel very fortunate when they have their parents in their lives. Their true worth is realized only when they are gone from this world. I truly wish they were around me now, so that I could enjoy their company and wisdom, and our children could be showered by their love and affection. I cherish my memories of them and feel forever blessed for being in our lives.

This Ram Rajya is ours to have now.It is certainly not a dream for the future or of the past. It is within us and ours to discover. For today though, just remember your ancestors and pay them a silent tribute and then you shall have Ram Rajya! Jai Ho!

No comments:

Post a Comment