Thursday, April 15, 2010

Bengali New Year

Today is the Bengali New Year so "Shubho Nabbo Barsho" to you all!
I consider myself very fortunate and I will tell you why. You know they say, that marriages are made in heaven. Well I truly believe that mine was. I will tell you that story later on, however, I will like to introduce to you the two main characters who set the stage unbeknown to our families.
You must be wondering how I have made a diversion today but just wait, all of this will eventually come together. I feel that I must weave my life's story together with the epic Ramayan, that Goswami Tulsidas wrote in seven ' kaands' ( chapters).
We are in the first chapter 'Balkaand' (infancy/childhood) I am audacious enough to start my story here as well, and make it grow as the chapters progress! When we reach the final chapter
'Uttarkaand' we all would have found Utopia -Ram Rajya!!
So, I will introduce you to my family Guru, Paramhans 108 Shree Narayan Swami. He has had a profound influence on our family and my life in particular. My husband's family Guru played a big role in his life as well. We shall talk about it as we go along , also how my father met him in the mountains of Badrinath. Jai Ho!

No comments:

Post a Comment