Friday, April 30, 2010

Take the Plunge!

TD has likened Ram Charitra Manas (RCM) to a flowing river, whose waters are pure and holy. All the characters of the story are a part of the living organisms in and around the banks of this river of knowledge. When we listen to the readings of RCM it is akin to taking a dip in these holy waters of knowledge. The rewards are many and instant, we are forever blessed! Before the story of RCM unfolds, remember that it is my interpretation of the RCM and is a gift to my children, nieces and nephews (I know that Sacha and Rajat are reading this) and whoever else partakes of this offering.
Tulsidas
was very humble when he said that he was not a poet, in fact he knew very little about poetry, and the task he had taken on was enormous. Well, we all know what a remarkable job he did with this epic. In fact he is considered a world renowned scholar. As for me, the less said the better. My attempt at even trying to simplify this beautiful work of literature/poetry is hilarious. But does this stop me from doing it, well, no. Something compels me to go on anyway, in spite of my ignorance and no knowledge. Must be my stupidity, to have the audacity to go on. The only thing that I have going for me is my belief in Ram. I know that he has never let me down, so I will take this one day at a time and then see what happens.Thus keeping His image in my heart and the blessings of Saraswati and Ganesh I will plod along.

Ruchira, Sunira and Arjun, you are very dear to my heart and so are my nieces and nephews. I need you to carry the flag of Dharma up high. You are smart, intelligent and have a good intellect, you will do well anyway. This knowledge being imparted to you through RCM will take you through this life and beyond. And this is how we will achieve Ram Rajya. JAI HO!

No comments:

Post a Comment